The Path Awards is the premier event of the Robert Stempel College of Public Health & Social Work. Since 2006, the Path Awards has recognized community partners and exemplary professionals in dietetics, public health, and social work. The event includes a luncheon and awards ceremony designed to bring together community partners, leaders, faculty, staff, and students, to celebrate our work to promote health, safety, and wellbeing in South Florida.
This year’s event took place on March 26. To be able to welcome over 400 people, the luncheon was moved from the FIU campus to Jungle Island. During the luncheon, the following 8 leaders were recognized:
- Brian E. Keeley: Robert Stempel Award
- Berta Blecke: Community Leadership Award
- Scott Pridgen: Pathfinder Award
- Olga A. Connor: Advocacy Award
- Brenda Marty-Jimenez, MHM, RDN, LD/N: Disease Prevention Award
- Asit Sarkar, Ph.D.: Environmental Health Award
- Chapman Partnership: Innovation Award
- Lisa Schejola-Akin: Social Wellbeing Award
Save the date: next year’s event will be held on March 18, 2015.
Find out more about the Path Awards